Developing and Leading High Performing Organisations
- Course DurationTo be confirmed
- Start DateTo be confirmed
- Delivery MethodZoom Webinar
This program is designed for middle to senior managers and executives. It provides the participants with the ability to establish business objectives and review organizational performance to meet those objectives. It also includes working with stakeholders to identify performance management and remuneration strategies to manage and reward performance.
The leadership program incorporates the five learning domains (Knowledge & Analysis, Application and Adaptation, Innovation and Value Creation, Social Intelligence and Ethics, & Learning to Learn) that are most relevant to leadership and management education for busy and senior executives. It uses the 70:20:10 approach (10% from formal learning and structured programs. 20% from feedback, mentoring, coaching, networks, and from observing and working with role models; and 70% from real life and on-the-job experiences, tasks, and problem solving).
Those who attend all four sessions and complete all assessments successfully will receive a Certificate of Completion (with Merit if assessment marks are Distinction or High Distinction).
Participants who do not attend all four sessions or are not able to complete all three assessments successfully will receive a Certificate of Participation.
Who Should Attend?
This program is designed for middle to senior managers and executives
At the end of the program, the participants should be able to demonstrate the following capabilities:
Knowledge and Analysis
The ability to understand:
- Legal and ethical considerations relating to performance management.
- Relevant professional or industry codes of practice and standards that may impact on the setting of business objectives.
- Relevant professional or industry codes of practice and standards relating to performance management.
- The relationship between business objectives and the processes required to pursue these objectives at operational levels.
- Implications and impact on employees and the organisation, arising from organisational performance measurement processes, and remuneration and performance management processes.
- Models and methods of business planning, including business planning cycles.
- Models and methods of performance management.
Application and Adaptation
- Establish and prioritise organisational business objectives to support the achievement of organisational vision, mission and values.
- Provide support and resources required to achieve business objectives.
- Develop a strategy to measure organisation performance against business objectives.
- Monitor data and reports on organisation performance activities to provide support and resources as required.
- Monitor emerging and identified risks to assess their strategic impact to the organisation following organisational risk management framework.
- Work with stakeholders to identify performance management and remuneration requirements to develop management and reward strategies.
- Delegate responsibility to implement performance management and reward strategies
Innovation and Value Creation
- Review organisational performance and work with stakeholders to prepare strategies to enhance future performance
Social Intelligence and Ethics
- Communicate business objectives to stakeholders to garner their support and buy-in.
- Assess the emotional climate of the organisation towards organisational reward policy and exercise organizational awareness to address employees' concerns.
Learning to Learn
- Keep abreast of performance management systems and processes by subscribing to diverse learning channels and participating in peers' discussion platforms to enhance own competence in managing performance management
- Knowledge and Analysis
- Application and Adaptation
- Innovation and Value Creation
- Social Intelligence and Ethics
- Learning to Learn
Readings, lectures, case study analysis, assessments linked to workplace challenges, discussions, quizzes, presentation, individual & group work, etc.